Friday, March 28, 2014

Blog # 7: A Work in Progress

     I am really excited about forming my own group on campus. It feels really good to be doing something different for a change. To be honest I never though that I would get that far, but thankfully I have. I just recently made contact with Students for Life to talk to them about my group. I sent them an email and I received a response from the West Coast Coordinator of Students for Life. She expressed to me her excitement to begin working with us and she seemed just as happy as I am to be working together. We are currently working on scheduling a day to have a pro-life training. I need to coordinate a day that will work for the other members in the group. She did mention, however, that the training would have to be via the internet because she will not be in the area for a while. Along with the training she will be sending a starter activism kit and I will need to fill out a group form to send to them. A little obstacle right now is that I am somewhat limited in what I can do on campus because the group is not official yet. I need to do a check up to see how the process is going to make the group official. Other than that I would say that I am doing some significant progress. 

     An upcoming event will be taking place Saturday March 19th at St. Boniface Catholic Church. It will be a prayer vigil coordinated with my youth group at my own parish. We will stand outside an abortion clinic to do a silent protest in prayer. This event is taking place due to the 40 Days for Life. The 40 Days for Life is a nationwide campaign of prayer to end abortion. I am hoping to be able to attend this event to support the youth against abortion. I will definitely make sure to take lots of pictures of this event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment