Monday, March 10, 2014

Blog # 5: Upcoming Events

     I have been trying to get more involved in pro-life activities but it has been a bit hard. So far most of the work that I have done has been on my own account. Although it is good for me to do my own activities I feel that it is also important for me to be involved with other professional pro-life organizations. I want to be recognized by other organizations to gain connections. As a result I have two upcoming events: the March for Life and the UCLA Pro-Life Leadership Training.
     
      The March for Life will be taking place on March 15th at Encino, CA. I had heard of this event years ago and I had always wanted to go. The main purpose of the event is to spread awareness about abortion in the community. I could either be a walker or I could even volunteer to help out in the event. I would love to attend but it will be quite tricky considering that neither of my parents have the physical health to attend an event that long. I will try to attend if I find someone else to accompany me and if not I will attend the UCLA Pro-Life Leadership Training. 

     If I am unable to attend the March for Life I will be attending another pro-life event on March 15th. I will try to attend the Pro-Life Leadership Program at UCLA. This event is something that I think will benefit the group that I am trying to form because it will teach the other leaders and I what is necessary to make the group Students for Life successful. It is most likely that I will be attending this event. However, I better figure it out soon so that I can sign up for the event that I want to attend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment