Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blog # 6: Lack of Planning

     I was unable to attend the UCLA Leadership Summit and the March for Life due to lack of organization. I did not plan ahead of time and when the date crept up on me I was unprepared. I was disappointed that I was unable to attend because it seemed like a really good opportunity. However that experience taught me an important lesson about organization. I Learned that I need to step it up and start planning out what I need to do ahead of time. My teacher seemed to have the same idea because he had us make a schedule about what we are going to do with our projects. My schedule was a little vague but it did help me organize myself and start thinking. I now have a better idea of what I want to do and what I need to do. 
   
     Lately I have been working hard on my future group Students for Life. At our last meeting on Thursday we began brainstorming ideas for the group. We decided that we need to start promoting the group on campus. Promoting the group is crucial to success because we want to get as many people as possible. So far to promote the group we came up with the idea of selling bracelets, making shirts, making a video, and hanging posters around campus. We realized that we have a lot of work to do. There is a lot of major issues that we need to discuss and one of those is that we basically need to figure out a structure for the group. I have a lot of work ahead but I am happy where we're at right now; we are where I never imagined we'd be.


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about not making the event. It's about the process sometimes and not the product or an event. Good luck with raising awareness on campus. Let me know if I can be of help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll surely remember to ask you for help to spread awareness soon.

    ReplyDelete