Saturday, April 12, 2014

Blog # 8: Planning

     I would like to start off by saying that things have been going really good lately. I have been doing a lot of planning for my pro-life group at school. I had been working on a pro-life video to display on the school announcements and I was finally able to present it to the club at yesterday's weekly meeting. They all gave me very positive feedback and supported me. Now all that's left is to get it approved and put it into the daily announcements. I am a bit worried that they will deny the video because we are technically not an official group. Not being an official group really discourages me sometimes because it limits me a lot in what I can and can't do. There are a lot of events that I want to do and I really can't do them on campus. My very next step is going to be to check up on the application for the group. I was told that it would take about a month to get the club approved by the district but I am afraid that the application hasn't even been sent in. I will not be very happy if I find that to be true. Either way I know that I will be able to have a group eventually by the end of the year and in the end that's all that matters. 

     So far I have two events coming up soon. The first one will take place on April 19th at Casa Teresa. Casa Teresa is a place where women are able to go and receive housing, food, clothes, and prenatal care. It is a really good place and we will be going to deliver diapers. A little while ago I hosted a diaper drive with my church and we were able to raise money as well as diapers. We will then be taking the diapers and the money to them as a donation. It will be a new experience for me and anyone else who accompanies us because I have never been to a pregnancy care center. The second event will take place at the Christ Cathedral on April 26th. It will be a meeting with the pro-life ministries of the Diocese of Orange. I was invited to this event by the pro-life coordinator in my church. So far I have a couple people signed up to attend this event. I am also hoping to have any members of Students for Life attend this group. 

     I have a lot of work to do and I am willing to work harder. I will start planning the meetings on Thursdays to make them more effective so that we are more prepared when the group is official. Below is the clip that I am hoping to get on the school announcements.



No comments:

Post a Comment