Friday, May 23, 2014

Blog # 12: One Week Left!

     The end of the 20 Percent Project is very near. After working on this project for the entire year I will get to present to the teacher and the entire class what I have done. The purpose of the project was originally to make somebody's life better. I'm not exactly sure if I did make somebody's life better but I do know that I inspired others. As the project comes to an end I realize that I really shifted a lot from my original vision of the project. I started with the idea that I was going to visit a lot of places, meet a lot of people, and gain insight on the pro-life movement. I wanted to visit a lot of places and videotape a lot but it turned out really hard to attend events. My busy schedule and lack of transportation to places prevented me from doing as much as I would've liked. Although I might sound like I didn't achieve my goal I would say that I exceeded it. I did something that I never would've thought I could do; I started a club called Students for Life. Students for Life is the final result of my pro-life project and it is the best thing I could have done. 

     I am really proud to present the end result of my project as a club I started. The problem that I faced last week was figuring out how to present the project. I knew I wanted to do a video but I had no idea what I wanted to include in it. Once I came up with the idea it took me a while to put it into action. The problem that I had this week and that I still have today is getting the video clips for my video. I began to practice recording on my video camera with my friend but after entering the SD card in my computer I realized that my computer could not view the videos. I could hear the audio but I had no visual. It took me a long time to figure out alternative means to recording. It was something so simple that turned out to be so complicated. I am currently using my dad's tablet to record. I have begun recording the people I want in my video but I still have a lot more people to record. My challenge the week before the presentation is to create the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment