Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blog # 11: Result of Flower Sale

       
  On Mother's Day my mom and I spent the day selling flowers at our church St. Justin Martyr. It was really nice because it was our bonding day together. However, we had a huge lack of volunteers. I was not the main organizer for this event so I only asked a few people to volunteer since I thought that other people were going to be there. When I got there only two people were there. Throughout the whole day we only had a total of 5 volunteers. We were able to sell a lot of flowers throughout the morning but we had a lot of flowers leftover. I was really disappointed by the lack of participation. Although we made good profit I believe we could have done better if more people would've been there. To be honest this discouraged me a bit. However, I took it as another motivation to continue what I'm doing. I want to continue to inspire others through my work because the reality is that we need more active pro-life believers. 
    
     Apart from that I have a lot of really good news. A while back I submitted an application to have my blog a part of prolifeblogs.com and I got a notification that my blog was added to their website. I was really excited about this because it meant that my little blog could have the chance to reach a broader audience. The blogs there are really good and its just amazing to see my blogs name on there. Another amazing email that I received was the confirmation of the Survivors Training Camp during the summer. I got the packet to fill out now. I'm really excited to be attending a pro-life camp in the summer and I am very fortunate that I got a spot. The past week I came up with a really good idea to do for my project and I need to start taking footage. My project presentation is going to be absolutely amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment