Friday, February 21, 2014

Blog # 3: Students for Life

     I had been thinking for quite some time to create a pro-life group at my school. I got even more inspired at the Youth Rally for Life and I decided that I was going to make one. However, the fire of the rally went away and I forgot about my idea. The idea returned to me when I received an email to participate in the Pro-life Chalk Day. The Pro-Life Chalk Day did not inspire me to start the group but rather it led me to a link to Students for Life. 
     Students for Life inspired me to begin the group because they offer a lot of help to students that are pro-life. I was very excited because they could support students with things like workshops, flyers, guest speakers, and even financial assistance. The main idea I liked them was because they would give me a more direct path to follow and a format for the group I was to create. I was so excited and after doing my research I was sure that I had to make this happen. I messaged my two closest friend and told them what I was planning to do and they completely gave me their support. Then I realized that this was a really good idea in my head but in reality it would be a lot more work than what I thought. 
     I knew that the main obstacle would be to overcome the controversy faced by the school. I knew of a teacher that was in charge of a club called Rebels for Christ and I decided that he would be a good choice as an adviser. I needed to make sure that I had some support from a teacher in order to make it happen. I had procrastinated a while and I finally made the decision to go talk to him on Thursday because he was having his regular Rebels for Christ meetings. I received so much support and positivism from him that it really made my day. He gave me absolute support and said it would be wonderful to have a pro-life group on campus. After school my friend even went to pick up the necessary paperwork. 
     The next step is for me to contact Students for Life and see if I can gain their support to make our group official. After that I need to begin spreading the word around campus to encourage people to join the group. Once that is settled I will get the signatures and turn in the paperwork to start the club. I have a lot of work ahead of me to make this work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment