Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog # 1: Youth Rally, 9 Days for Life, and Diaper Drive

     My pro-life activism has increased ever since I attended the Youth Rally for Life on January 18th. I would like to start off by saying that the Youth Rally for Life was a wonderful experience. There I learned the importance of activism. Kristina Garza, director of Campus Outreach, challenged us by telling us that it was not enough to say that your pro-life. I was able to gain a lot of information as well as get in contact with a lot of Pro-Life organizations. I also got the chance to listen to the beautiful voices of the Jacob and Matthew Band live for the second time! I was glad to see a good amount of youth from my church St. Justin Martyr attend. I know they enjoyed it as much as I did!

     The same day that I attended the Youth Rally for Life I also began the prayer vigil 9 Days for Life. 9 Days for Life was a prayer vigil from January 18th-26th. The vigil could be done via email, internet, or an app. I downloaded the app and each day came with a dedication, prayer, reflection, and an act of reparation. I particularly liked the act of reparation because each day it challenged me to do something new. For example, some of the things I chose to do were learn about a 20th century saint, pray a rosary, clean a room without being told, or say a special prayer. It felt good to do prayer for a change as it is crucial to the pro-life movement. 

     In an effort to challenge the youth at my church I asked a very special favor of them. I am part of a leadership core team at my church which is called Anchor. During our weekly Tuesday meeting I asked each to bring a pack of diapers. I could tell by their faces that it was strange so I quickly explained that it was to help support the Pro-Life Clinics. Pro-Life Clinics were created to help out women whom had once considered abortion. Simple things like diapers are necessities for women with newborn babies. Providing diapers can aid them by reducing the cost of diapers. I am hoping to have a van full of diapers to drive to the clinic soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment