Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Week 5: A Baby At 20 Weeks

     As part of my goal to help fight for the pro-life movement I have my mind and heart set on becoming a doctor. I plan on becoming either an obstetrician, gynecologist, psychologist, or maybe even all three. In an attempt to get started on my medical career I joined the Savanna High School Medical Academy. In there I am learning the basics of medical terminology, medical history, safety precautions, and much more. I am really grateful to be in that class and although I am still far from becoming a doctor being in that class makes me feel closer.

     Being in the Medical Academy I got the chance to visit the Cadaver Lab. In there I got to see the insides of a human body. Although the smell in there was terrible I was fascinated by the human body. Our body is made with such precision and it has so much detail in every single organ that its hard to not consider it a miracle. My favorite part of the field trip was looking at the babies. (None of whom had been aborted, of course.) There was a couple week old fetuses in jars. There was one baby that was not in a jar and that we were allowed to hold; she was 20 weeks old. When I got to hold her my heart sank because she looked like she was a fully developed baby, just smaller. This baby had fingernails, eyebrows, eyelashes, and hair already. The reason this made me sad is because many mothers are allowed to abort their babies at this size or some even bigger. At this stage mothers are halfway through the pregnancy and with technology nowadays many of these babies could survive. No matter what these mother's reason is for aborting the baby they can't deny the fact that many of their babies could be saved if they chose life.

     I have the following video to show a fetus' development at 15-20 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment