Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 3: An Interesting Story

     Today I am going to share an interesting short story that I heard from my dad today. I found it to be very interesting and it really got me thinking. I hope it will get you thinking too.

     A woman carrying a child in her arms entered her gynecologist's office.
     "Doctor, I have a problem I would like to speak to you about. I just had my baby less than a year ago and I am pregnant once again. I want to have this baby but I don't think right now is the appropriate time. I was wondering if you could do something so that I can avoid having this baby now." she said.
     "Well, we do have some options." replied the gynecologist.
     "I think I would like to have an abortion."
     The doctor thought carefully about what this woman was asking of him. After thinking for a while he was able to come up with something.
     "Or how about I take this baby that you have in your hands and kill him instead so that way you will only have one baby to take care of." said the doctor.
     "No!" said the woman rapidly.
     "Oh, I'm sorry ma'm, its just that a moment ago you didn't really seem to care about killing a baby I thought it would be the same for you."

     I thought this story was wonderful because it shows how differently we can view the born and the unborn sometimes. The born and the unborn both have one thing in common; they both have a life, neither one deserves to live more than the other.





No comments:

Post a Comment