Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 6: Getting Informed

     Unfortunately I have not been able to get involved in any pro-life movements due to my busy school schedule. Therefore, I have been feeling like I haven't been drifting away from the real purpose of my project; to encourage and educate others. During my last event I felt like I lacked knowledge about the pro-life movement. I have therefore decided to get informed more before I fully get involved in my project. Getting informed is crucial for me because I know that there will be a lot of people that will be opposed to what I believe in so I need to be prepared to defend myself properly against those people.
     I have decided to read Why Pro-Life?: Caring for the Unborn and their Mothers by Randy C. Alcorn. This book was given to me a while ago during my very first pro-life event way back in May. This book gives factual answers to the abortion debate. It includes interesting topics like "What Makes a Human Life Meaningful", "Is Abortion Really a Women's Rights Issue", and "How Can I Help Unborn Babies and Their Mothers". This book clearly examines the pro-life position and it helps people who are in the middle of the abortion debate as well as encourage those already pro-life. I really encourage everyone who is interested in the pro-life movement to read this book. 

"To change our culture, it is not enough to say that we are pro-life; we must explain why we are pro-life. This is an excellent resource that does precisely that."
                                                                                                            -Fr. Frank Pavone






No comments:

Post a Comment